Monday, July 28, 2014

Four weeks into 2nd half

I've opened the #816 Scrapy's pull request with the progress I've made on the API refactoring. I'm keeping a list in the description of the PR with the current status of the tasks that I have assigned, along with backward incompatible changes that were introduced.

I've updated the Spider class' methods, Crawler's initialization and SpiderManager's interface following the design that was explained in my proposal. Upon reviewing the added complexity to support deprecated features, we agreed on making a relaxation on maintaining backward compatibility to prioritize code simplicity.

Over the next weeks I'll wrap up the changes, adding missing tests and documentation and getting the PR to a stable and mergeable state. I also plan to address further issues concerning API problems if I have spare time until the final deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment